Things have been busy. Since deciding to ride from the bottom to the top of the UK this summer, we've either been working or pedaling. Myra has been really busy with her research, conducting studies, teaching, marking, and doing all sorts, and work for me has been steady, and a substantially better place to be than it was a few months ago.
We've got our route set, and about half of our accommodation booked, so it's definitely happening, in case anyone thought otherwise. We're very excited to see Scotland and lay our eyes on some mountains again. They're real mountains, up there. The overall elevation isn't terribly high, but the base is at sea level, so Ben Nevis is actually as high as the average mountain in Banff (about 4200ft top to bottom).
Anyway, that's about it. Not a bunch to report. Oh, Myra gets to go to Barcelona for a conference in July (just before we set off on our trip), so I'm going to meet her there on the tail end of that. Should be good.


3 Comments:
Have you guys plotted your actual route? I'd love to see it – Google Map it if you have some extra time!
Yep. Copy this link into the search maps field:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&vps=1&msa=0&output=nl&msid=113065585354518911328.00045faf4d62ea3862489
Hi Myra and Graeme,
I found your blog a while ago and check in every once in a while. Sounds like you are having a great time.
Myra, congratulations on all your academic success. I saw that you are now working on your PhD. That is so cool. Dr. Thiessen! Your field of study sounds really interesting and probably much needed out there in the world.
I don't know if you know but Tim and I had a baby boy and he is now 16 months old. His name is Forrest. After mat leave, I have been freelancing for the last months and am just in the midst of applying for full-time jobs.
Here is a link to some pics of our baby:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tim.bulger/ForrestFirstPictures#
If you feel inspired to email back, I can be reached at tina.tomljenovic@gmail.com
cheers and happy pedaling!
Tina
Post a Comment
<< Home