Canada Day. Usually nothing more than fireworks and a day off (for some people). In London, it's street hockey, Bison burgers, and some ultra successful Canadian artists that I've never heard of. I suppose Jesse Cooke is a somebody.
Oh, there were other things too. Like Canadian beer, which was limited to Moosehead and... Moosehead. The Alberta pavilion had an oxygen bar (yay), and there was a tent for the Taste of Ontario, which had the greater attraction of also housing a Timmy Ho's. They really don't have a very good doughnut selection here, and it was warmly welcomed by myself and others.
The weirdest thing was just being surrounded by people with crazy Canadian accents. It's neat when you meet another Canadian now and then, but when there's hundreds of them around you (while in England), it's just kind of strange to hear. Most of them were from Toronto, so...
Anyway, British people can't play hockey. That's just a fact. I would have been considered quite good, had I been allowed to play. There was a tournament all day with 8 teams from around the UK, and I have to assume they were amateurs. Whatever, Canadians can't play football (sorry, soccer).
That's about it. Not much to say. Happy Canada day, I suppose. Till next time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home