Monday, January 07, 2013

The Post Following the Last One

Well, Sunday never happened. The day itself did, but not the ride. I've been really fatigued this week. Took a few extra days off. I'm not sure what the cause of it is, but I strongly suspect that it's due to going too hard on the rest week two weeks ago. Not enough rest, didn't eat well enough. Maybe a little dehydrated. I haven't been sleeping as well, and it's been sitting around 40C for the last week. Work has been busier this week, so that may be a factor. Basically, it could have been anything. Or everything. I'm trying to cut down on my sugar and simple carb intake as well, which I'm pretty sweet on, so we'll see how that works out over the next few weeks. Withdrawl symptoms?

That's 5:35 AM

In any case, after taking yesterday off, Myra and I got out on the bikes this morning and it was quite pleasant indeed. The intention was to get out early, today's high being 40C and sunny. There is no ozone here, in case anyone has never heard of Australia, and the sun burns on impact, so most everyone here rides early. I was just reflecting on that yesterday, actually. My whole life I've never come around to the idea that getting up early was of any use. Not more useful than sleep, anyway. Since moving here, however, sleeping in to me is 7:30, maybe 8:00 if I'm feeling extra lazy. It also has something to do with the fact that sometimes I'm on the bike for up to six hours at a time or more, so an early start is the only way that becomes realistic. That or I've got to get a ride in before work.

Looking Good

At any rate, the ride today was better than expected. It really didn't feel as hot as I was expecting, even though it did reach 40C by the time we were 2/3 of the way through. I'll say it again, Adelaide is a wonderful place to ride a bike. Taking yesterday off was a good thing. I should be ok for getting back on to the normal schedule this week if I'm careful not to go too hard.

Find Myra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home