New Babies!
Not having the determination to fight a long and losing battle with out insurance company, we are in the process of settling for as much as they'll ever give us and in the meantime, we've finally got our new bikes!
Myra pretty much had one picked out straight away, having seen it in our favorite shop and sticking with it, until a last minute change to another bike which she's even happier with.
I did my usual thing and researched the pants off of any bike within a mouse clicks reach. I seem to enjoy looking at all my options - I suppose it's just window shopping, except at the end of it you know you're going to actually get something.
We both like something a bit different, so neither of us were that drawn to your Treks or Giants, and went straight for the Italian pretties. Having both been spoiled by full carbon frames, we stuck with that formula, and got properly fitted for our bikes which our shop throws in if you buy a bike from them.
To keep this short, Myra is now riding a Wilier Izoard, full centaur and Fulcrum 5's. In her words:
" (yet to insert words) "
I have got myself a De Rosa Avant, full Centaur and FSA SLK Pro carbon crankset, and Fulcrum 5's. Couldn't be happier. I've just sorted out a saddle (Specialized Phenom), finally, so I'm about to go out for my first ride on the bike in it's final specification.
And the actual bike (old saddle):
Both of our bikes feel so much more responsive and smoother than our old ones, and they fit properly, which were apparent on our first ride with them. They accelerate and climb instantly. Plus, they look hot. Can't ask for any better than that.




1 Comments:
Well, well! Very nice on both counts, indeed. The De Rosa I've never heard of, but the Wilier is a very special brand that I believe only Pedalhead Roadworks carries here and I've seen one or two in action. I guess, with the loss and frustration of having your bikes stolen, comes some true pure joy in the end. Glad to hear it!
Post a Comment
<< Home