Our Babies Have Been Taken!
Our time has come. This morning I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water, and looked outside. The garage door was wide open. I wasn't wearing my glasses, but could see that there was a definite lack of bikes in it.
It took a couple of seconds for this to register, but I managed to accept this straight away and went and told Myra.
It's only stuff, and it'll (hopefully) be all taken care of with insurance, but I'm not looking forward to:
Dealing with the insurance. That's pretty obvious.
What's most annoying, though, is that we'll not have bikes to ride for at least a month. We have gotten into the habit of riding after work and on our days off, and now that we've finally got some warm sunny weather, we'll miss the peak of summer, lose some of our fitness, and unable to enjoy one of our favorite things in all the world!
To add to this, we just got them back from being fully tuned and had a few new parts put on, after being seriously beat up after our tour. We had two rides on them and they felt soooo good, better than new, so someone is getting a rather expensive, perfectly tuned pair of bikes. What we won't be able to recoup from the insurance is the surprisingly hefty bill that said tune came to, just last week.
Then there's the third bike. Myra's old but still not cheap Cannondale R500 was taken, and that was what she used to ride to Uni. It was our "cheap" bike. So that's a huge inconvenience and we're obviously not going to replace that bike with an equivalent, as it's a bit over-kill for a cheap city bike (it has to be locked up outside at the Uni).
All in all, not a great morning. We were really looking forward to a nice ride to and around Windsor this morning as well. Goodbye bikes, goodbye summer, and farewell for now, decent level of fitness.


2 Comments:
So sorry to hear about your bikes...I've enjoyed following their exploits under your excellent leadership :)
Hope the hassle of getting it all sorted out isn't too much.
Oh man,
That's brutal! What a pain... Ugh I can't even imagine. I mean yes, they're just "things", but especially when you bike like you guys do, it becomes an integral part of your existence.
Hopefully you guys can get things sorted out with some sort of expedience and get the wheels rolling once more!
Post a Comment
<< Home